Most of Castilglioni’s pieces are design classics such as the Arco Lamp. Immortalised on the silver screen in blockbusters such as Diamonds Are Forever and The Italian Job, the design is still as popular today as it was 50 years ago. From its marble base to the polished aluminium shade, every detail of our Arco style lamp has been carefully reproduced by hand.
Material & Feature:
- Italian design from 1962
- Solid Italian Carrera Marble Base from Italy
- Brushed high grade stainless steel telescoping stem (8ft arc)
- Reflector/shade has a brushed stainless steel finish
- 7.5" arch suspension reach
- Adjustable Height: 6.25' to 8.5'
- Adjustable horizontal reach: 6.25' to 7.5'
- Base: Height: 21.5" x Width: 7" x Depth: 9.5"
Achille Castiglioni (1918 - 2002) was a celebrated Italian industrial designer. He was often inspired by daily things and made use of commonplace, average materials. He preferred to use a minimal amount of materials to create forms with maximum results. Castiglioni has exhibited his designs at every Milan Triennial since 1947 and has received seven Compasso d’Oro awards.